There has been a little sewing going on here, just not at a very fast rate.
I did finish another skirt from Butterick 3717 out of the tan/pink striped twill I recently got from Denver Fabrics.
Nothing fancy, just a plain straight skirt, but very functional. I don't know how I did it (probably rushing to get done) but the zipper top ended uneven at the top, by about 1/8 inch.
I was going to rip out the waistband and redo it but I never wear anything tucked in anymore so I figured it was okay to leave it.
I really wanted to move on to View A of this dress using this fabric:
Which is a 30's cotton Feedsack reproduction from my stash. It's all cut out and the side seams of the top and skirt are done. But I'm having some trouble fitting it because of the construction. The top band and straps go on after the side seams are done and then the bodice is attached to the skirt portion and then the zipper put in. It's kind of hard to fit it because, in essence it is 2 separate pieces. I am also not crazy about the skirt on me, it really hugs my little potbelly. Not a feature I want to emphasize. So I've put this aside to think about and work on something else.
A lot of people have made this pattern and I really like how they have turned out so thought I would give it a try. I chose this cotton fabric from my stash to make the muslin, if it works out it goes well with the taupe-brown skirt I made back in June. I just need to add a gold camisole underneath.
I'm making View B with the puffed sleeves. I am hoping they are not TOO puffy. The pattern calls for top-stitching on the princess seams and I remember Michelle at Cheap and Picky had flat-feld hers'. Since my first attempt at flat-feld seams worked out well on the taupe-brown skirt I thought I would give it a go here, after all this is just the muslin.
I was concerned about the curves of the seams but they came out good. The picture on the left is the right side and the right is the underside.
The underside could be a little neater and more even, but I think the right side came out very nice and neat. So I am very pleased with this. Now I just have to finish it. Hopefully this week.