Friday, July 8, 2011

Flashback Friday

In high school we called these 'elephant bells'.  I made the red version out of the softest wide wale corduroy I have ever touched.  They were a deep navy blue and so low slung that you had to wear a bodysuit with them so you didn't show any 'teen crack'.  It was 1971.....I am surprised my Mother let me out of the house in these........I am more surprised my Father let me back in.

WARNING: These bellbottoms can be hazardous to your health.  The flare was so wide on these that going down the school stairs one day between classes someone behind me (or maybe it was me?) stepped on my pants.......me and 3 others in front of me went down like bowling pins.  Luckily it was only about 3-4 stairs.  Ah, the price we pay for fashion................

No comments:

Post a Comment