I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of the finished skirts. Since there is really nothing special about them and it is still too stinkin' hot out to play dress-up, I just took pictures of them on the hangers. When I actually wear them I will take better pictures.
I made the capri's from this pattern and they came out really nice. I really like every piece offered on this pattern and hope to make the jacket too.
This is just a muslin, unlined, made from a quilting cotton but is very wearable. The color is way off in this picture, it is blue-grey with navy, lavender and white accents. It looks nice with a plain white tee.
This picture shows the finishing on the vent and is much more true to color. As with the capri's this pattern worked up easy and is a nice simple style. It has a very narrow waistband and front and back darts. A good TNT pattern that fits well. A real keeper!
This is the first time I have made B5036. I made it from a taupe-brown non-stretch twill. I bought this fabric from Fabric.com and it was a little heavier than I expected. I thought a more casual jean-style skirt would work and this pattern fit the bill with the fly-front zipper. Like the previous skirt, it has a narrow waistband but only back darts and no vent. It fits good, but not as well as B3717. It has a little too much room in the hip area (how often do we get to say that!) and needs to be tapered a little more on the next go around. But I like it and will make it again.
The center front and back seams are flat-felled. This was my first attempt and I was a little off as you can see on the inside seam below. To make sure it didn't fray, I put another row of top stitching down, just a smidgen away from the first row.
You can see the double top stitching above on the outside of the seam but still looks nice and it should hold the seam well on the inside.
I've finished the side seams and hem with bias, which is a first for me. I like the way it came out and it was pretty easy to do. I used a warm grey quilting cotton for the bias because it matched the inside of the fabric better than a taupe (although it looks off in these pictures).
From the Garden
Althea (Rose of Sharon)