Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dog Days of June

The Husband is out of town again this week so I am left to amuse myself......could be trouble if it wasn't so stinkin' hot out! So the kids and I try to say inside most of the day, but do venture out occasionally to see..............if it's still stinkin' hot out! Which it usually is, but we all need a breath of fresh air (no matter how humid it may be) now and then.

Dog Down!



Lily, like some middle-aged women can not take the heat!


You Talkin' to Me?




Wassup, Eddy!


On Guard...........

Ed making sure the plane flying overhead doesn't land in HIS yard! (Honestly, our dogs growl at low, slow flying planes.)


Hot Dogs, Summer in the City


Mom, seriously, we're meltingggggggggg...................


Beast from 20 Million BC.....


This little guy( I think I'll call him Hank) is a young Cuban Brown Anole. Several of them live in our backyard and are pretty funny to watch. They posture, fanning out the orange pouch on their neck, and even get into a little tussle now and then, not to mention chasing each other all over the place. They are wary of us, but not totally frightened. Hank let me get close enough, about 3 feet, to take a few pictures, posing very nicely I might add. Including his tail he is only about 3 - 3 1/2 inches long right now. I tried to get a picture of one of the larger ones, Grill Monster, (so called because he lives in the BBQ grill, how obvious is that! We have to de-lizard it before we grill ribs). But he wasn't so cooperative, maybe next time.

I've finished two skirts from two different patterns. They are very similar though, just different zipper placement and darts. But, I'm pleased with how both turned out, one needs a little more tweaking but they can both be TNT's now. Hopefully I will get pictures of them up this weekend when The Husband gets home.

I'm not sure what I'll make next. I think about it while I catch up on paperwork and laundry this afternoon. Or a nap sounds nice, too because it's ................so stinkin' hot out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Life just ain't fair. You are too hot and we northerners aren't warm enough let alone hot.And your dogs are just too cute!
    Thanks Chris for the nice comment you left on my blog. I always appreciate you dropping by. I'll be back to check out your skirts.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cats melt in the heat too. And my cat, Inigo, growls at cars driving by on our street, the phone ringing, a knock at the door...he thinks he's a dog.

    What a cute little lizard! We used to catch little rock lizards in our backyard when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete