Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Goals Revisted.

On January 1, 2012 I posted some resolutions, oops, goals for myself.  There weren't many, just 4 little things, you can revisit them here, if you like.  I thought it was time to take a look back and assess myself on how I did.

1)  This one was the easiest.  I did manage to reduce my fabric stash by making 19 dresses for orphaned girls in Africa.  I had hoped to make more and do another shipment later in the year but I started working full time in late March, so my extra time disappeared.  Grade: PASS

2)  This one was hit or miss.  I was more active at times, but at others was still a couch potato.  Grade: NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

3)  We did manage to reduce some of our debt, but again got caught with some unexpected expenses.  Grade:  NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

4)  As predicted this was the hardest one to achieve.  Of course it didn't help that I didn't even try to make a pair of pants this year.  Aside from the girl's dresses I didn't do much sewing this year.  Grade:  EPIC FAILURE

Well, that's it, 1 out of 4.  I think I will go for the same 4 goals in 2013, see if I can improve and check them all off this year!

Update:  I need to add two things to this list, a new throw quilt for The Husband and a queen size quilt for our bed.  Both of these current quilts are about 20 years old and in tatters, so even though I burnt out on quilting 3yrs ago and haven't made any since, I am going to have to add them to my goals for 2013.

2 comments:

  1. No 1 is brilliant and we know you will do the rest. Have a super Sunday too.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Chris, well I think you have done well. I would have gotten 1 out of 4 as well. Number 1 and 4 I can't sew so would have got a big fat FAIL, Number 2 I would be the same as you and Number 3, as always more money seems to go out than come in, so Needs Improvement. Good luck with your list this year! Wishing you all good health and happiness in 2013. No worries, and love, Carol (and Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete