Saturday, August 6, 2011

4 Sorbettos, all in a row

 You already saw #1 in a previous post but here it is again.
I had some fit issues with this one that were entirely my own fault by cutting it out on the incorrect sizing lines (they need to make 10x reading glasses for this stuff.  I don't know how people can use the Burda patterns without making a mistake!).  This was made in the standard Sorbetto with front pleat and has self-made matching bias trim.  It's a little snug across the bust (FIRST time I have ever had that issue) but it is wearable and I do like it.  I have worn it once already.  Here is a close-up of fabric and bias trim.
Sorbetto # 2:
I only had about a yard of this fabric but really thought it was a nice print to go with jeans.  I got rid of the front pleat and had to cut the back in 2 pieces rather than on a fold, making a scant 1/4inch seam.  I thought it looked a little plain so I made the little front placket and added the buttons.  It has purchased bias trim. The fit was better on this one and I have already worn it once.  Here is a close-up of fabric, trim and buttons (these buttons are actually on backwards, I liked the pearlized underside better than the top):
Sorbetto # 3:
 This one is my favorite. I just love this fabric and even though the background is a dark navy intend on wearing this with black jeans.  The fit on this one, after a little tweaking, is perfect.  It is a standard Sorbetto with contrasting self-made bias.  I have not worn it yet, but plan to next week.  Here is a close-up of the fabric and contrasting bias:
  Sorbetto #4:
This is my second favorite.  The print is black and grey on bright white.  It is a standard Sorbetto with front pleat, self-made contrasting bias and 3 black mismatched buttons.  The bias trim really contrasts on this one while #3 was a more subtle contrast so as not to fight the busyness of the print.  This print cried out for a little more zing.  I have not worn it yet (just finished sewing on the buttons an hour ago) but plan to next week.  Here is a close-up of the fabric, contrasting bias trim and buttons:
There is actually a Sorbetto #5 cut out and sitting on the work pile.  As with #2 I had less than a yard of fabric so it will have no pleat and a seamed back.  But I am a little burnt out on making these at the moment but will come back to it shortly.

This is a great pattern and like many other sewists out in blogland I have been smitten with Sorbetto Fever!  I am sure I will continue to come back to this pattern time and again.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! I agree - # # with black jeans - very cute. I like the trim on # 4 and it will look cute with a black blazer and black jeans in winter. fun!

    ReplyDelete