Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hello......Is It Me You're Looking For?

Yikes, what happened to January and where was I?  Life seems to have gotten in the way, mostly work, work and hmmm, well more work.

I haven't done much sewing. I have a black corduroy skirt I have been working on since before, yes, before Christmas. Really, how long does it take you ask to make a simple skirt?  Apparently about a month.  I just have the hem to do by hand which I am hoping to get to during one of the football games tomorrow.  Then maybe I'll get to wear it once or twice before our weather gets warmer here in Northwestern Florida, where this morning it is 35degrees. ( I know, I know....others have it worse.  Actually I am not complaining, I enjoy the colder weather.)

I have been doing a little pattern shopping since it seems like everyone has them on sale. You can never have too many patterns, well, yes I guess you can, but I am not at that point yet.

I picked up these two from Vogue:

V8649



  V8669


I am hoping to get a little better sewing with knits this year.  I've tried a couple of time to sew with ITY jersey knit with less than stellar results, that fabric is so darn slippery.  So this time I want to try my hand with matte jersey and see how that goes.

I picked up this one from Butterrick:

B5478




I really like the simple jacket and the dress is nice too.

These are all older patterns, very few of the new ones appealed to me.  Simplicity is having a great sale and I stocked up on a few there, but will save those for another post.

I'm hoping my work life will slow up a little and I'll have some time to sew soon, all these new patterns are calling out for some fabric now!

Edgrrr Update

He is doing great! We are still doing chemo treatments and getting great results.  He is gaining weight, up to 101lbs now and as happy and goofy as ever. We are still keeping our fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment