Monday, April 6, 2009

New Look 6860

Holly's Dress

I finished this dress made from NL 6860 for my grandniece, Holly.



It was very easy and only took 2 days start to finish. I like this pattern because you can make several different dresses from it and no 2 would remotely look alike. I liked that the bodice was lined and on a fancier fabric I would consider lining the skirt.

This was the first time I put in a zipper after the side seams were together so that was a new experience for me. It certain is easier when the piece lies flat but I did and okay job.

Holly lives over 900 miles away in Chicago. I hope it fits her. I had her Mom send me a few measurements and the size she wears in RTW. She is only 6 but wears a 7 RTW. Her parents are very tall, my nephew is about 6'3". I decided bigger was better so went with the largest size in this pattern an 8. I know she'll love the color becuase green is her favorite, just like her Aunt!

So I have finished my garment for this month for the sew along on PR. If my dress fabric shows up, hopefully I will get another one done by the 30th, which is also our anniversary.


Lily One-Foot




Poor Lily had a growth removed from her pad last Weds. We saw the vet today and got good news, it was benign! We were very happy as Rotties are very prone to cancer so we are always looking for odd growths on them.

She has her bandage off today, now if we can just keep her from licking it!

1 comment:

  1. The dress is darling. Don't you just love making little girl dresses. So satisfying because a little girl always so loves them.

    ReplyDelete