Saturday, September 17, 2011

Nothing to see here, folks....keep moving.......

This has been one of those weeks at work.  Can you say computer crash with no current backup, can you say corrupted Quickbooks data file?  It is amazing how a plastic box can bring a company to its knees!  I have spent the last 2 days rebuilding data from our last good backup (8/31).  Monday the IT guy is coming with a new machine (we run a 3-machine network) and we are redoing our years old network setup. Hopefully by Tuesday we will be close to normal (my fingers and any other flexible appendage are crossed).

I had hoped to have a jacket from this pattern finished this week:

I am making it from a black cotton pique.  I made a muslin a few weeks ago and the fit was perfect.  So far it is turning out very nice.  Maybe I can get in a few minutes this weekend and get it finished by the end of the week.  I have lots of things I want to get started on for fall/winter as I got some nice fabric in the mail about a week ago.

On a more positive note, Lily had her first chemo treatment this week and is doing great! No ill side-effects and she is learning to maneuver better each day.......in fact she is back to charging dogs on the TV......not necessarily a good thing.  But we are just glad she is happy, pain free and being herself.

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear that Lily's bouncing back! And that looks to be a cute jacket, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! You are another one of those magical beings who can actually use a sewing machine? I am so jealous.

    Great news about Lily. I have read that dogs do not have all the problems with Chemo that humans do. Thank goodness.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your message on my blog:) I'm so glad Lily is learning to more than cope with only having 3 legs! I hope the chemo continues to go well for her.

    I'm impressed with your sewing skills! Ouch to the computer crash:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. Sewing. Mum says she doesn't do the S word. Your mum must be so clever. We are really glad Lily has been so well. Give her a hug from us. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete