Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Sewing

There hasn't been much sewing going on here.  One of my brothers' and his wife came to visit this past week.  It was great, we haven't seen them in 6 years, so there was a lot of catching up to do.  They have never been here so there was a lot of sightseeing going on, too!

But things are getting back to normal and I've started two new spring projects. First up is B3717:

I am making View F, the capris. I wanted to make View E the ankle skimmers but I didn't have enough fabric.  I've made these before so they should go together fast. I am trying to "refine" the fit a little. We'll see how that works!  I am just using a cream stretch twill.  I've got all the darts completed so far.

At the same time I am working on S4182:

Also in View F (what the F???)! I know this pattern seems a little youthful for someone of my advanced (haha) age, but I like the lightweight jacket style worn with a tank underneath. Kind of like a summertime cardy.  I did add a little length to it so hopefully I won't have a "muffin top" peeking out!

Here is the fabric I am using:

I thought it looked very similar to the fabric used on the pattern cover, only a little softer. I have actually got the top bodice portion done:

I even have the seams finished already!
I would like to get them finished at the same time as they go very well together. Just add a light pink tank and I'm good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment