Friday, July 16, 2010

Saved!

I have saved the disaster that was M3023 and turned it into a very wearable skirt.


I used S2917 which I have made once before.  I love it.  It's a great summer skirt.  I've already worn it twice, once on the 4th and once to work.  I see this skirt getting a workout this summer!

So I am moving on......I just couldn't decide what to make though.  I have been going through all my top patterns and associated fabrics and decided to try NL6895:

 It seems like a really simple top with a little added interest in the front gathers.  I hope it's not too baggy, but if it is, it looks easy enough to taper a little.  I am doing the high neck version with the short sleeves from View C.

I decided to try a fabric I have never worked with before, charmeuse.  I bought this fabric from Denver Fabrics and the print is a little large, but I thought it would make a good muslin for this top. If it looks good fine, if not that's fine too. 


I did read on someone's blog (sorry, can't remember who's) that when working  with charmeuse it is best to starch it.  So I did, it helps a little but is slipperier than a Chicago politician!  Will see how it works out!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Friday, July 2, 2010

Fido Friday

                                    Lily needs a touch-up, her grey is showing!